Ozark UMC is open for in-person Worship on SundayMornings.
Below are the details and guidelines for our reopening.
● We will hold two worship services, at 8:30am & 11am only. There will be no childcare, children’s worship, Sunday School, or small group meetings at this time to allow us to sanitize the building between services.
● The wearing of masks is required, and proper social distancing will be practiced. We will have masks available for those who do not have one.
● We ask that you stay on the downstairs, main level.
● The coffee house will be closed at this time. Feel free to bring your own coffee and snacks.
● The front doors will open 20 minutes before the start of each service.
● Upon entering the building, you will be led to the worship center to be seated. We will seat people starting from the front of the worship space, and working to the back. When the service has ended, we will release people from the back to the front.
● Offering plates will be available at the back of the worship space. You may also give online or by mail.
● You are encouraged to greet people/fellowship in the parking lot after worship, while practicing social distancing.
● Due to limitations on capacity, we ask that you call or email the church office to let us know which service you plan to attend, and the number of people attending from your household. 417-581-6853 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
● If you are sick or have any symptoms, we ask that you stay home and focus on getting better.
● If you have immune deficiencies, or are in a vulnerable category, we strongly encourage you to stay home.
● We will continue to make a recording of the service available via Facebook, Youtube, and on our website.
We gather for worship at 8:30 and 11:00 a.m. every Sunday, with Bible studies and Sunday School for all ages in between services at 9:45 a.m. In each worship service that lasts about an hour, you can expect uplifting music featuring a blend of traditional and modern hymns of the church, meaningful prayer, words of scripture, and relevant messages from Pastor Jacob Schneider. These thoughtful, scripture-driven and practical messages will challenge us to live out our faith with action, purpose and passion in the name of the risen Jesus Christ.
Feel free to come as you are. You’ll find people dressed in everything from casual to formal. Be sure to stop by the Coffee House as you come in to pick up a cup of morning brew and take with you into the Worship Center. If you have any questions stop by the Information Desk, or ask one of our Connection Team members. We want to help you feel right at home!
Children are always welcome to be with their families in Sunday morning worship. In addition, nursery care is available (birth to age 3). Ignite Kids For Christ (an “age-appropriate” children’s worship time) is also available for older children (age 4 to grade 3) at each worship service. For your convenience, the nursery and Ignite Kids For Christ rooms are located just down the hall from the entrance to the Worship Center. A child comfort room, from where the service can be seen and heard, is also available for those with younger children who might need to step out of the service for a few moments.
For more information about our Sunday morning worship experience, click here to contact the church office.
Ozark UMC’s mission is: “Leading people to actively follow Jesus Christ.”
Ozark UMC’s vision is: “Becoming more deeply connected with God and our community, so that we can better reach those not currently connected to Christ and the church.”
Our Core Values:
Ozark UMC’s core values are: preaching and teaching Scripture, worship, fellowship, prayer, encouragement, community, and people not connected with Christ.
So that more people become better connected with Christ and the church, Ozark UMC will start six (6) new community groups by the end of 2019.
Community groups are small groups open to youth and adults that are designed to nurture faith, foster fellowship, expand care, empower mission and service, and multiply participation in the church. Click here to contact the church office for more information about Ozark UMC community groups.
We are a part of the world-wide United Methodist Church. Click here to learn more about the United Methodist Church.